MONDAY, APRIL 13, 1998 (11:17 AM EDT)
NOTE: The launch countdown for mission STS-90 began on time today at 2 a.m. KSC managers are working no major issues at this time and launch preparations continue on schedule for lift-of on Thursday. Columbia's aft compartment closeouts are complete and replacement/reload of mass memory unit No. 1 concluded over the weekend.
Vertical stowage of the flight crew systems is in work and the first of three Neurolab late stow waves begin this afternoon. The STS-90 flight crew is slated to arrive at KSC's Shuttle Landing Facility at 3:30 p.m. today. They will participate in crew equipment fit checks, routine medical examinations and fly in the Shuttle Training Aircraft in the days leading up to launch.
Air Force weather forecasters are currently indicating only a 20 percent chance that weather conditions could prohibit launch activities on Thursday. The forecast calls for scattered clouds at 3,500 and 25,000 feet; visibility of at least 7 miles; winds from the southwest at 12-17 knots; a temperature of 81 degrees F and relative humidity of 60 percent. There is a slight chance for showers in Thursday's forecast. The 24-hour and 48-hour delay forecasts both indicate a 40 percent chance that weather could violate launch commit criteria.
For automatic e-mail subscriptions to this daily Shuttle status report or KSC-originated press releases, send an Internet electronic mail message to email@example.com. In the body of the message (not the subject line) type the words "subscribe shuttle-status", or "subscribe ksc-press-release" (do not use quotation marks). The system will reply with a confirmation via e-mail of each subscription.
To remove your name from the list at any time, send an e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message (not the subject line), type (no quotes) "unsubscribe shuttle-status", or "unsubscribe ksc-press-release."
Status reports and other NASA publications are available on the World Wide Web at: http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/kscpao.htm
T-TIME LENGTH OF HOLD HOLD BEGINS HOLD ENDS T-27 hours 4 hours 6:00 p.m. Mon. 10:00 p.m. Mon. T-19 hours 8 hours 6:00 a.m. Tues. 2:00 p.m. Tues. T-11 hours 25 hours, 59 minutes 10:00 p.m. Tues. 11:59 p.m. Wed. T-6 hours 1 hour 4:59 a.m. Thurs. 5:59 a.m. Thurs. T-3 hours 2 hours 8:59 a.m. Thurs. 10:59 a.m. Thurs. T-20 minutes 10 minutes 1:39 p.m. Thurs. 1:49 p.m. Thurs. T-9 minutes 10 minutes 2:00 p.m. Thurs. 2:10 p.m. Thurs.
Commander (CDR): Richard Searfoss Pilot (PLT): Scott Altman Mission Specialist (MS1): Rick Linnehan Mission Specialist (MS2): Kay Hire Mission Specialist (MS3): Dave Williams Payload Specialist (PS1): Jay Buckey Payload Specialist (PS2): James Pawelczyk
Thursday, April 16 7:00 a.m. Wake up 7:30 a.m. Breakfast * 9:54 a.m. Crew photo 10:24 a.m. Weather briefing (CDR, PLT, MS2) 10:24 a.m. Don launch and entry suits (MS1, MS3, PS) 10:34 a.m. Don launch and entry suits (CDR, PLT, MS2) *10:50 a.m. Suit up photo *11:04 a.m. Depart for launch pad 39B *11:34 a.m. Arrive at white room and begin ingress *12:49 p.m. Close crew hatch * 2:19 p.m. Launch
*Televised events (times may vary slightly)